Monday, October 20

Time to mass debate - C90 or T80?

The recent Wrong Way Round meeting of minds descended into chaos and controversy when it was suggested that we move away from the tried and tested Honda C90 in favour of the Yamaha T80. The C90 has been a loyal servant in previous missions such as Cheesy Rider, Ring Sting and Pizzas to Palermo so this is not a decision to be taken lightly. In the world of motorcycling, this is on a par with the recent switch of the Moto GP paddock from Michelin to Bridgestone, only much more important obviously.

Having never ridden a T80 I decided to trawl various internet forums for the thoughts of those in the know. I was quite taken aback by the cut throat rivalry with T80 owners swearing superiority by virtue of an extra gear, shaft drive, and a longer fuel range.

The C90 owners were hitting back citing 12v electrics (and therefore the ability to fit handle grip warmers) plus the hilarious claim that the C90 posesses "loads more torque", as if it could almost pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Personally I will reserve judgement until I see how the T80 performs wheelies, stoppies, and how far you can crank it over before the centrestand digs in to the road and hurls you in to the path of a bendy bus...

1 comment:

Pistonbroke said...

I've done some research as well and I'm a little bemused by the guy that suggested the T80 didn't have the cool looks of the C90 and lacked the stonk loads of torque of the Honda. I'm not sure where abouts on cloud cuckoo land this guy comes from but think we should do a rally there as it sounds fun. I await more details from the road test but feel that there were a zillion more Cubs made and therefore spares should be easier to come by. Telling people that we plan to drive to Magadan on Honda C90 and their reply is "OMG your crazy but that sounds like a laugh". Say the same but on a Yamaha T80 and the reply is "what the fuck's one of those". Plus I've already forked out £350 on one so I'm bound to be biased.